Coconut butter is incredibly easy to make, you just need dried and unsweetened coconut flakes and a food processor (or a very powerful blender).
I love it so much! ❤️
Spread on toast, added to a smoothie, mixed with peanut butter for an energy ball, added to a yummy cake frost. As you can see, the sky is the limit! 🙂
- 500 grams of dried coconut flakes, unsweetened
- In a food processor (or a very powerful blender) add the coconut flakes.
You must use dry coconut, either shredded or flakes. Fresh coconut will not work.
- Blend it for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you get a smooth and thick liquid.
- Pour the butter into a glass jar and let it rest at room temperature, until it has a solid but spreadable consistency.
- Cover the jar with a lid and store it also at room temperature.
- It’s done! 🎉 There is no need to refrigerate coconut butter.
Tip: It is normal for coconut butter to get quite hard on a cold day, especially around winter.
I recommend you to microwave it, or put on a double boiler, to soften things a bit before serving.
Did you know? Scientific research is still a bit sparse in this area, but it is commonly accepted that coconut butter (or oil) is an interesting natural beauty product for skin care. Typical applications include as a skin moisturizer, lip balm, and even shaving cream. But of course, before spreading coconut all over your body, make sure to test on a small area to make sure it does not trigger any allergic reactions.