This is a very simple, yet extremely delicious, recipe I’ve learned from an Israeli friend.
It’s basically a whole cauliflower head boiled until tender then roasted to get a beautiful golden colour and an amazing caramelised flavour. It seems this was created by an Israeli chef and since then it’s getting more and more popular. I totally understand why. 🙂
You can’t believe how delicious this thing is. Sometimes I need to control myself because I could eat the whole thing alone. I’m telling you, this is amazingly good!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with water. This pot needs to be large enough to fit the whole cauliflower head in it. Also, make sure to pour just enough water to cover it.
- After the water starts boiling add in the salt and the whole cauliflower head.
- Boil it for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Then, place a baking sheet on a tray and put the cauliflower head over it. Brush olive oil all over it and season with black pepper to taste.
- In a preheated oven at 200C (392F), bake it for approximately 30 minutes or until its surface becomes golden and brown.
- It’s done!
Keen to learn more recipes with cauliflower?
If so, here’s our collection of cauliflower recipes!