🎶 … love is in the air… ❤️
Hi! This is the perfect recipe to surprise someone special this Valentine’s day. Trust me, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. These sweet potato and gluten free brownies are not only healthy but also extremely delicious, much better than many “traditional brownies” out there.
I’ve made them several times and everybody loved, even my picky friends when the topic is real food and healthy recipes. According to them: “this is so delicious, I would never tell it’s healthy too!”. I’m telling you, this recipe is definitely a winner and your loved ones will feel extremely special after having a bite.
After cooking, you can share it fresh from the oven or how about going fancy, placing in a beautiful box and give it as a present?
- 1 ½ cups (390 grams) of purple sweet potato, mashed (about 4 small units)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- First, you must use purple sweet potato, ok? The gold one will not give you the same result. Get about 4 small units, wrap them in aluminium foil and preheat oven to 160C (320F). Roast them for 1 hour or until tender.
- Later, peel and mash the potatoes. We will use 1 ½ cups only – approximately 400 grams.
- In a food processor add all ingredients and mix until very well combined. In case you want to add some nuts, mix all ingredients first, then add ½ cup of the nut you would like and mix a little bit more.
- Place a baking paper sheet in a cake tin and pour the mixture in.
- Preheat oven to 170C (338F) and bake it for 40 minutes.
- It’s done! Now put it in a beautiful box and your Valentine’s Day present is ready to go.
Tip: you can also add ½ cup of pecans (or any other nut you happen to have). I decided to make a nut free version this time. 🙂