This Gluten free Sweet Pastry Crust recipe it’s very handy in the kitchen. You can use it for pies, tarts, and any other thing that you would need a good pastry recipe.
It’s also very soft and easy to handle, which helps you to create different shapes or some nice decorations for your pies using cookie shape cutters. Ah! You can also make a chocolate version, just add some cocoa powder to it and it’s done!
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of tapioca starch
- 200g of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or any sweetener you like)
- a pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and put it to work until smooth. Tip: in case you want to make a chocolate version, just add 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Grease a pie plate/tin and, using your fingers, press the mixture into it as evenly as possible.
- Use a fork and make small vertical holes throughout the mixture, then pop it into the freezer for 1 hour before baking.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake the frozen crust for 10 to 12 minutes at 180C.
- Done! Let it cool down completely before adding your preferred filling.