I simply love these Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies ❤️.
They are super rich in flavour, chocolaty, crunchy on the outside and moist inside, more like a brownie texture. The perfect healthy cookies for an afternoon tea treat!
These cookies are also super quick to make, in a few minutes you wipe everything up and will be popping them in the oven to bake. In seconds your entire house will smell like chocolate (not sugar, by the way, because we are using dark chocolate here). 😊
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate (86%), chopped (optional, but recommended)
- In a stand mixer beat together coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Then add egg and mix until well combined.
- Next add, cocoa powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Then using a spatula, mix well all ingredients.
- Now it’s time to add the chopped dark chocolate. This step is optional but I can totally recommend doing it; it gives a nicer gooey texture to this cookie.
- Split the dough into small balls and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake it for 15 minutes at 180C (350F).
- It’s done. Let it cool down before serving.
Did you know? Cookies are understood to have been created more than 1,300 years ago – 7th century A.D – in the region of the planet then called Persia (today Iran). Pretty much every single country on Earth has at least one recipe that is popular for a particular date or cause, such as the Anzac Biscuits here in Australia.