This recipe for Crunchy chocolate and vanilla cookies is one of my favourites.
Why? Well, not only because these cookies are extremely delicious, but also because the recipe allows me to cut them into a variety of shapes.
Yes, you can use your favourite cookie cutters and be as creative as you possibly imagine.
They are also gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and low in sugars.
A perfect healthy cookie option for you and your family. 🙂
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of tahini
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of coconut sugar (or any sweetener you like)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl (except the cocoa powder) and gently work them together using your hands until you have a nice ball of dough. Remember to not overwork the dough, especially on a hot day; as you know, tahini can be a bit temperature sensitive, so we don’t want a greasy dough.
- Split the dough into two equal parts. Get one of them and mix in the cocoa powder.
- Let both balls of dough rest for 20 minutes. ⏰
- Now, make two long rolls with each one of the parts. Then, stick them together.
Now you should have one side with vanilla flavour and the other with chocolate flavour.
- Place the roll between two sheets of baking paper and using a rolling pin carefully roll it out, until it’s about 0.5cm (1/4″) thick.
- Using a sharp knife, or cookie cutters, cut the cookies into your preferred shape (here I just went with rectangular ones).
- Place cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven at 180C (356F) and bake them for 15 minutes. ⏰
- Let it cool down completely before using. This is important to ensure your cookies will be very crunchy and crispy.
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Tip: For a lower carb version, replace coconut sugar with an artificial sweetener of your choice.