Hello! I’m Mel and I have an important question for you: “Who wants to eat some cake?“. 🙂
I think I’ve been watching Cake Boss too much lately.
You know, it would be awesome if he could use less sugar on his recipes.
C’mon, Handy! Let’s make a gorgeous and moist Zucchini cake.
PS: Don’t get intimidated by the long list of ingredients, it is an easy recipe.
- 300g of raw shredded zucchini
- 200g of almond meal
- 100g of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F)
- Mix all the wet ingredients using a stand mixer until pale yellow.
- Slow down your mixer and start adding the dry ingredients (except the zucchini), one by one, until everything is completely mixed.
- Now you can add the zucchini to the batter and mix things using a spoon or a spatula.
- Place the batter on a greased pan.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 40 minutes (this may vary according to your oven)
- That’s all. Enjoy it!
My name is Lu and I’m always starving. You know, I need something to keep me full.
And I have an idea today. How about making a delicious (and easy) Low Carb Nut Bar?
It is also low carb, paleo, and gluten free. Perfect!
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of Brazil nuts (or any other nuts you prefer)
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Firstly, let’s prepare the nuts: using a roast pan, place all the nuts and the coconut.
- Toast them in the oven for a couple of minutes – just to give them an extra flavour.
- Chop everything using a food processor (or a knife, you are brave enough).
- Now, in a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the nuts and the almond meal to the bowl where you just mixed the wet ingredients. Mix well!
- Wrap a container with plastic wrap and place your batter there. Put it in the fridge for one hour.
- After removing from the fridge, use a good knife and chop the bars out.
- Enjoy it!
I’m Leo and I’m here today to show how easy it is to make a delicious and fluffy Low Carb Almond Bread.
Handy is going to prepare everything for me so, just between us, she is not that smart and can’t talk… so while I explain the recipe, she is going to make it.
OK, let’s prepare our Low Carb Almond Bread.
- 5 cups of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of apple vinegar
- 6 eggs
- Before starting, preheat oven to 150C (300F).
- You can use a silicon loaf pan or a regular pan greased with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the honey and then the vinegar.
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well.
- Fill your loaf pan and bake it for 45 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Ta-Da! It’s ready!