This is the first video of our Summer Salads series. So, keep an eye here to check them all!
To open the season, our favourite: Chicken Caesar salad, Aussie style! Yep, Aussies had the brilliant idea of adding hard boiled eggs and bacon to this salad. Yep, BACON my friend. That’s why I love this country. 🙂
Ah! This recipe serves two people, or you can save half to have the next day for lunch or dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 strips of bacon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 2 baby cos lettuces, coarsely torn (use any type of lettuce you like)
- 20 grams of shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ recipe of our homemade caesar salad dressing (recipe here)
- Season it with salt and black pepper according to your taste. Then let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour before cooking.
- Later, in a very hot fry-pan, cook the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes each side. Just enough to give them a beautiful golden brown colour. Take advantage of the heat and add the bacon as well.
- Pop them into the oven and roast for 10 minutes. It will cook the chicken through and keep its moisture.
- Let the chicken breasts rest a few minutes before slicing. About the bacon, let it cool down then cut in small pieces.
- Place lettuce leaves, parmesan, and caesar salad dressing in a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients. The idea here is to distribute the dressing evenly through the lettuce leaves.
- Place the salad in a serving dish and add to the top slices of chicken breasts, plus both boiled eggs and garnish with bacon.
- It’s done! This recipe serves two people, or you can save half to have the next day for lunch or dinner. 🙂