Today I am bringing here one of my favourite recipes: Banana Bread without sugar and wheat flour.
The secret to get this banana bread done right is to use overripe bananas, yep those ones you are about to throw away.
They are important because they are super sweet and will give to this cake perfect sweetness, with no need to add any extra sugar.
And if you were not convinced just yet how amazing this bread is let me tell you that it is also gluten, dairy, and nut free!
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix coconut flour, psyllium, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, mix eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Then add the mashed bananas and mix them well.
- As I mentioned above, make sure to use super ripe bananas for this recipe, this is what will make the result nicely sweet.
- Now, stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Grease a loaf pan, or use a silicone one if you prefer. Mine here is a 20cm one.
- Pour your batter into the loaf pan and bake it for 30 minutes at 160C (320F). ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Let it cool down before serving.
Yeah, I know this is technically a bread – after all, the name is banana bread – but I consider it an excellent healthy cake option for those with some sort of food intolerance.