We decided to go to The Greek Islands Taverna in Sutherland to have a beautiful lunch and celebrate my new job (yes this blog is a hobby and I have a full-time job!). The idea was to eat A LOT and this place didn’t disappoint us at all.
I might say that the choice was perfect! We had exactly what we were craving for: lots of good food, right price, and that super full and happy feeling after a nice meal! 🙂
We got the Set Menu 1 with the Meat Platter for two. Their menu says minimum for 4 people but the water said they would be happy to do it for us. Let the feast begins!
- Fresh bread
- Taramosalata dip – made from fish roe, olive oil, lemon juice, and grated onions.
- Greek salad
- Pan-fried halloumi cheese, spanakopita (spinach pie) and tyropita (pastry filled with cheese).
- Pan-fried calamari.
- BBQ Octopus.
- Meat platter – Souvlaki, lamb cutlets, pork chops, quails, loukanika (greek sausages), and hot chips./li>
- Cheesecake served with vanilla ice cream and cream.
- Bourekakia – home-made pastries filled with semolina custard, pan-fried, and drizzled with syrup and cinnamon, served with ice cream and cream.
I said we were prepared to eat… A LOT! 🤣
Every single bite was spot-on. Portions are extremely generous, and if you are a meat lover like us, man that meat plater will be like a dream to you.
No, we couldn’t finish it all, there was a time we had to start prioritizing what to eat, so the hot chips were left behind (sorry for them). I don’t know you, but when I go to this kind of place I always prioritize things that are either harder to make, and let’s be honest, hot chips you can get anywhere!
The only side note I would like to leave is regarding one of the desserts, the Bourekakia. This was my choice (Hubby got the cheesecake), but it wasn’t my type of dessert. Found it kinda blend, so Hubby generously switched desserts with me. 🙂
The Greek Islands Taverna
47/40-44 Belmont St, Sutherland NSW 2232
More information: www.thenewchambers.com