Who doesn’t like the convenience of a flourless recipe?
Even more, if this cake is a healthy option right?
This Flourless Chocolate and Banana Bread recipe is ridiculously simple and still incredibly delicious.
Actually, I would suggest you watching yourself once this beauty is ready … otherwise, the whole cake can end up in your tummy in the blink of an eye. 🤣
Another quick note, I used tahini for a nut-free version, but this cake is equally delicious made with almond or peanut butter!
- 1 and 1/4 cups (324 grams) of tahini (or almond butter)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 medium (260 grams or 1 cup) ripe bananas, sliced and mashed
- 6 tablespoons (48 grams) of cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Add tahini, eggs, bananas, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and cover it with a baking sheet. I used a 20cm loaf pan here.
- Now, add in the batter to the pan.
- In a preheated oven to 180°C (350°F), bake it for 45 minutes. ⏰
- Depending on your oven, it might take more or less to be ready.
The right moment is when a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.