Winter is knocking on the door, and the only thing you can think of is to have a cozy and warm meal, right?
Which means you have only thing in mind these days: soup, soup, and soup!
To help you out, this week we are having here this gorgeous cauliflower and Spanish chorizo creamy soup.
It is low carb, super tasty, and has that spicy Spanish chorizo kick perfect for cold nights.
In case you are not a fan of chorizo, you can use any other type of sausage as well.
- 4 cups (500 grams) of cauliflower
- 1/2 medium (85 grams) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 chorizos (375 grams), sliced
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (50 grams), chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a pot add chorizo and toss it until well cooked. Then move to another container and reserve.
- In the same pot, add onion and garlic, cooking until tender.
- Next, add cauliflower and cover it with boiling water, letting it cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- Turn off the heat and, using a stick blender (or pour it in a blender), blend everything until you have a smooth mixture.
- Now you simply add in that chorizo we previously cooked, and also the spinach.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook it for more 10 minutes. ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Enjoy your cauliflower and Spanish chorizo creamy soup!
This soup also works fine if you freeze it to have another day. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.