Banana bread has a special place in my heart.
Why? Well, it’s simple, it’s not every day that you find something that is the perfect combination of bread and cake, right?
I ❤ it toasted and served with butter on a lazy Sunday morning.
This time I decided to level it up by adding walnuts and dark chocolate chips.
Boy, that was heaven! You gotta try this banana bread with chocolate chips yourself! 😜
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) of sesame seeds
- 6 medium eggs
- ½ cup (85 grams) of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 medium (300 grams or 1 cup) overripe bananas, chopped
- ½ cup (55 grams) of 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (85 grams) of walnuts, chopped
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and process for 4 minutes. ⏰
- Then, add eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix them for more 5 minutes. ⏰
- Next, add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, cinnamon, and salt.
Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Finally, add bananas, chocolate chips, walnuts, and stir gently using a spoon.
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and cover it with a baking sheet. We used a 20cm loaf pan here.
Then, add in the batter.
- In a preheated oven to 180°C (356°F), bake it for 45 minutes. ⏰
- You’ll also know when it’s ready if you can do the toothpick test on it:
Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake and it should come out clean.
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Enjoy your banana bread with chocolate chips!
Tip: trying to reduce your daily intake of carbs?
You can make a version that is even lower in carbs by replacing honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
Looking for another cakes recipes? Just check my healthy cakes page full of yummy options!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.