This low carb pie recipe is my favourite; So easy to make!
I’ve been using the same batter and just creating a different filling to bring some variety to the table. Definitely a winner!
So for today’s video I created a delicious chicken and cream cheese pie.
With a super creamy and tasty filling. Yum, Yum, Yum!
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup (260 grams) of tahini (or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 500 grams of chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ medium (55 grams) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mince garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grounded cumin
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (250 grams) of cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic into a fry pan and cook it until tender. ⏰
- Then add, chicken breast, cumin, parsley, cream cheese. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and let it cook for more 5 minutes. Reserve. ⏰
- Next, in a bowl mix together eggs, tahini, salt, and baking powder.
- Line a parchment paper on a cake tin and pour half of this batter in. I’m using a 24 cm square tin. Then make a layer of that chicken filling, followed by a final layer of the remaining batter.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) and bake it for 50 minutes or until golden brown. ⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Enjoy your chicken and cream cheese pie!
Not a huge fan of chicken?
No worries! Check the low carb pie variations and ideas I created using this same batter!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.