How about another fantastic low carb pie recipe for today’s video?
This time is a beautiful beef, mushrooms, and cheese pie.
This is easily one of my favourites pie fillings combination.
Super tasty, beefy and healthly filling.
One slice served with a good salad and I’m done!
A perfect option for lunch or dinner.
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup (260g) of tahini (or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 500 grams of mince beef
- 1/2 medium (55 grams) onion, chopped
- 2 cups (160 grams) of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mince garlic
- 2 cups (490 grams) of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) of parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add minced beef in a fry pan and cook it for 10 minutes. ⏰
- Then add in, mushrooms, onions and garlic, and cook for more 5 minutes. ⏰
- Finally, add the tomato sauce, season with salt and black pepper, and let it simmer for another 20 minutes. ⏰
- Next, in a bowl mix together eggs, tahini, salt, and baking powder.
- Line a parchment paper on a cake/pie tin and pour half of this batter in. I’m using a 24cm square tin.
- Then add a layer of that cooked beef and mushroom filling, followed by a layer of parmesan cheese.
- Finish by covering everything with the remaining batter.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and bake it for 50 minutes or until golden brown. ⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
You might know this very well, but pies are a classic item of the modern English cuisine.
Traditional recipes tend to be high in carbs, mostly due to the addition of potatoes.
But now, with the recipe I just showed you above, you are good to go!
Enjoy a delicious low carb pie today!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.