For today’s video I decided to bring to you another favourite here at home: my gluten-free apple cake. 🍎
This cake is absolutely delicious!
Moist, fluffy, with chunks of apple and that hit of cinnamon that all apple cakes out there should have.
I know it is a common challenge for anyone following a diet.
Like, cakes and diets don’t match … or do they?
Yes, they can go together!!!
That’s why I always share with you guys my healthy cakes recipes, that have the perfect balance between indulgence and a plan to keep your diet in order. 🙂
- 2/3 cup (80 grams) of sesame seeds
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) of coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (100 grams) of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 medium apples (280 grams), chopped
- A pinch of salt
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and process for 4 minutes. ⏰
- Then, add eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix them for more 5 minutes. ⏰
- Next, add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, cinnamon, and salt.
Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Finally, add apples and stir gently using a spoon.
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and cover it with a baking sheet. We used a 20cm loaf pan here.
Then, add in the batter.
- In a preheated oven to 180°C (350°F), bake it for 45 minutes. ⏰
- You’ll also know when it’s ready if you can do the toothpick test on it:
Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake and it should come out clean.
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Tip: if you would like to have a version that is even lower in carbs, replace honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.