This spinach and feta cheese pie is perfect for those occasions where you need to make something in advance.
For me, it works great because I can freeze a few slices and have them on the days I’m super busy and can’t cook. (sad days, I know!)
It works great when served with a beautiful salad, for either lunch or dinner.
This recipe is also gluten free and nut free!
And you can use your creativity to make any type of filling you like. Super versatile!
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup (260g) of tahini (or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 80 grams of feta cheese
- 250 grams of spinach, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- A drizzle of olive oil
- In a pan toss spinach and onions with a drizzle of olive oil until cooked. Reserve.
- Next, in a bowl mix together eggs, tahini, salt, and baking powder.
- Grease a cake tin with coconut oil and place a parchment paper on it. Then, pour half of this batter in. (here I’m using a 24cm square tin)
- Next, add a layer of that cooked spinach we made before and crumble some feta cheese on top of it.
- Finish by gently covering everything with the remaining batter.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and bake it for 50 minutes or until golden brown. ⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.