Indian cuisine is one of my favourites. ❤️ 🇮🇳
All those spices and condiments, simple ingredients, packed with flavour and aromas!
Which is why this recipe of chicken Curry recipe ticks all the boxes! ✅
I got this recipe with an Indian friend. She taught me exactly the way she prepares at home.
I felt super special to have the opportunity to learn something so traditional, and now I’m here sharing it with you. 🙂
- 2 cups (500 grams) of skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cans (540ml) of coconut milk
- 1 cup (200 grams) of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup (200 grams) of green beans
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix chicken thighs, curry, cumin and coriander powder, cayenne pepper, and tomato paste.
Let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge. ⏰
- Later, in a pot add olive oil and marinated chicken, cooking until the chicken has a nice golden colour.
- Then add onions and cook until tender.
- Next add coconut milk and let it simmer for 10 minutes. ⏰
- Finally, add green beans, broccoli and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Serve it with regular rice or a yummy cauliflower rice.
Another great thing about this meal is that this is super low carb, full of good stuff, dairy free, and you can easily make a vegetarian version by replacing chicken with potatoes!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.