Looking for a healthy ice cream alternative?
You may already know that frozen banana ice cream is the perfect base for a healthy ice cream, right?
So how about a delicious twist?
That’s why I’ve decided to bring here a combination that I simply LOVE:
Banana and peanut butter ice cream 😍
Ingredients-wise, this healthy treat is basically made only with a combination of overripe bananas and peanut butter.
For the peanut butter, here I used a crunchy version (I like to find pieces of peanut in my ice cream), but you can use the smooth one.
Now for the bananas remember to use overripe ones, as it will be the natural sweetener of our ice cream.
Perfect for those super hot summer days! ☀️
- 4 (~550 grams) overripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup (250ml) of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (130g) of peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- In a food processor add bananas, coconut cream, and peanut butter.
- Mix until everything is well combined and you get a super smooth and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture in an ice cream container and let it set in the freezer for one hour. ⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Another fantastic part of this recipe is that kids will love it.
You know it can be challenging for conscious parents to find a healthy dessert to serve their kids.
With this banana and peanut butter ice cream the problem is solved.
You have just found the perfect healthy ice cream! 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.