I simply love this almond and lemon tea cake. ❤️
It is super light, moist, aromatic and lemony.
The perfect cake to impress your guests for teatime!
My favourite combination is to have it topped with a dollop of cream or yogurt.
And served with an espresso or English tea, of course! YUM! 😍
- 6 medium eggs (yolks separated from whites)
- 1/3 cup (50g) of coconut sugar
- 2 cups (200 grams) of almond flour
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Using a stand mixer beat egg yolks until you get a pale and fluffy cream.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add almond flour, coconut sugar, lemon zests, juice from half lemon, and cinnamon.
- Now let’s combine everything very well using a spatula.
- Next, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm.
- Add them to the yolk mixture from the first step, a third at a time while stirring gently.
- Grease and flour (I used coconut flour) a cake tin, then pour the batter in. (I’m using a 21cm one here).
- Bake it at 180°C (356°F) for 30 minutes. ⏰
- IT’S DONE! 🎉
Tip: For a lower carb version, replace coconut sugar with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
I know it very well: if there is something that is really hard to replace on a diet is a delicious cake.
Luckily for us, healthy cakes are the perfect balance between indulgence and sticking to your diet. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.