This super rich flourless chocolate mud cake is dedicated to all the chocoholics out there!
It is a dense cake, moist, low in sugars, made with quality and nutritive ingredients, and no flour!
The perfect treat to indulge yourself on a special occasion. 🍫
- 200 grams of unsalted butter
- 330 grams of 70% dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and butter, stirring constantly.
- Then, transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add coconut sugar, salt, vanilla extract, 2 whole eggs, and 4 egg yolks (reserve egg whites for later). Mix until well combined.
- Next add cocoa powder, again mixing it well.
- In another bowl beat egg whites (those 4 we previously reserved) until firm.
- Finally, gently stir those beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture trying to keep their air.
- Grease a 24cm cake tin with butter, then use some of the cocoa powder to “flour” it, making sure to coat all sides.
- Bake it at 180C (356F) for 50 minutes or until the cake’s centre is firm enough when you try to shake it a bit. ⏰
- Let it cool down completely on the counter, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before removing from the cake tin. ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Dust it with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh strawberries to make it super Instragrammable. 😜
Tip: For a lower carb version, replace coconut sugar with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
As you know, a mud cake by definition is a dense cake, that doesn’t crumb when you cut it, and with melted chocolate.
Which means this recipe of chocolate mud cake simply ticks all the boxes! ✅
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.