This Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse is that kind of healthy treat that takes you only a feel minutes to whip up.
The only extra work here is actually having to wait for the coconut cream to chill overnight.
But let’s be honest that this is extra work for your fridge, right? 😁
On the absolute plus side, this recipe is absolutely delicious!
Not even the fussiest of the eaters would think this chocolate mousse is dairy free.
And you can totally adapt it to a vegan version by replacing honey with coconut sugar, that works just as fine. Perfection!
- 2 cans of coconut cream, chilled overnight
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- Open the coconut cream cans and scoop out only the solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Whip it until soft and creamy. Reserve 4 tablespoons of it for later.
- Tip: you can use the remaining water in the cans for cooking or smoothies
- Add honey, cocoa powder, and salt, mixing until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into 2 serving bowls and keep refrigerated until serving time.
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Serve it with one tablespoon of that cream we previously reserved, and garnish with grated dark chocolate.
It’s very common to find recipes of chocolate mousse that use avocado as the base ingredient.
I decided to shake things up a bit and create this version that uses coconut cream as the base instead!
Try it by yourself and you’ll be surprised by how amazing it tastes!
Tip: to make a version of this chocolate mousse that is even more low carb, replace honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.