Another day I was wondering why this bread is called Oopsie bread…
But then as I was making it, I noticed the recipe is so simple that you just beat some eggs and, at the end, your reaction can only be “Oopsie, I got some bread”!
Bad jokes aside, you may have heard other names for this famous low carb bread, such as cloud bread, zero carb bread, and flatbread.
The name itself doesn’t matter, what is important here is to know that such simple recipe exists and deserves a try!
It’s also possible to freeze them; I do it every now and then and it works beautifully.
- 3 eggs
- 120 grams of cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon of psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, placing them in two different bowls.
- Whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until very stiff. You know it’s ready when you are able to turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites moving.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks and cream cheese. Then add psyllium husk powder and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix, trying to keep the air in the egg whites.
- On a baking tray covered with parchment paper, pour the mix making 6 large circles.
- Bake it at 150C (300F) for 25 minutes or until golden. ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Loved this recipe?
I have also published several other recipes of bread; and if you like video recipes there is nearly 100 of them available on my YouTube channel – Yum Nibbles!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.