I know the struggle…
You changed your diet but sometimes you really miss those delicious blueberry muffins, don’t you?
But fear not, I created this recipe especially for you!
The list of adjectives to describe it is endless. 😝
I find them fantastic for an afternoon tea, a to-go snack, or even a breakfast treat.
It’s also perfect for the kids’ lunchbox.
- ⅔ cup of sesame seeds
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and mix for 4 minutes.
- Then, add eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix them for more 5 minutes.
- Next, add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, and salt. Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Finally, add blueberries and stir gently using a spoon.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins, leaving some space at the top as they raise well.
- Preheat oven at 180C (350F) and bake it for 30 minutes. ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Tip: to make a version of these muffins that is even more low carb, replace honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.