I have a special space in my stomach for these Vanilla Muffins, no matter how much I ate before there will be always some space for them! ❤️
They are super fluffy and moist, also dairy and nut free, packed with fibre and good stuff.
My number one option when I want to surprise guests with a healthy cake. Typical comments are “no way, this cannot be healthy, that’s impossible!” or “are you sure this is gluten free?!”. 😝
Well, they are indeed perfect and delicious, and If I were you I would run to the kitchen right now to make your own batch!
- ⅔ cup of sesame seeds
- 6 medium eggs
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and mix for 4 minutes.
- Then, add eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix them for more 5 minutes.
- Next, add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, and salt. Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin, leaving some space as these muffins raise well.
- Preheat oven at 180C (350F) and bake it for 30 minutes. ⏰
- It’s DONE! 🎉
Tip: For a lower carb version, replace honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
Did you know? Muffins are a typical American tea snack and share a lot of similarities with cupcakes, especially on how they are prepared and the basic ingredients.
A key difference, however, is that whilst cupcakes are widely accepted to be exclusively sweet, muffins can also be prepared in different savory varieties. Maybe I will bring you a savory muffin in the future? Who knows!?
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.