How about a super special treat this weekend?
These Coconut Bonbons aren’t only charming and yummy, they are a perfectly healthy treat, packed with good fats, and no added sugar!
As you can see from the video recipe above, these bonbons look absolutely gorgeous and mouth-watering!
I like to make them for friends coming over for a visit (you know, that’s my way to impress 😜). Or maybe you can also give it away in a beautiful box as a nice homemade gift, or even just to treat yourself with that delicious dark chocolate shell filled with creamy coconut, YUM!
- ⅓ cup of coconut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 150g of 86% dark chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut butter and coconut flakes. Reserve.
- Then, in a double boiler, melt ⅔ (100g) of the dark chocolate. Once melted, take it out of the heat and add the remaining chocolate, stirring constantly until everything is melted.
- Get your bonbon mold (you can use ice cubes mold too), and pour around 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate in each cavity. Then move the mold gently around to cover all sides of the cavity with chocolate. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. ⏰
- Take it out of the fridge and add 1 teaspoon of our coconut filling to each bonbon. Next let’s cover with another tablespoon of melted dark chocolate, sealing its surface.
- Bring it back to the fridge and refrigerate for more 10 minutes. ⏰
- Now twist the mold to release the chocolates, which can also be done by gently turning it upside down and tapping them out of the mold.
- It’s DONE! 🎉
I do not know which part of this recipe I like the most … is it the superb presentation? Or is the amazing and delicate combination of chocolate and coconut?
Well, in any case, if you are looking for a healthy dessert to impress that does not take ages to prepare, this is THE recipe! 😁
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.