I truly believe I’ve finally unlocked the Awesome Gluten Free Muffin achievement with this recipe. What a winner! 🏆
These Chocolate and Peanut butter muffins are super fluffy and moist as a cake should be.
They are also dairy free and packed with fibre and good stuff. Perfect for those days you need a treat or just want to have a healthy cake option with your cup of coffee! 🙂
- ⅔ cup of sesame seeds
- 6 medium eggs
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup of honey (or any sweetener you like)
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of unsweetened peanut butter
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and mix for 4 minutes.
- Then, add eggs, coconut oil, honey and mix them for more 5 minutes.
- Next, let’s add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Grease your muffin tin and pour the batter in, filling only half of it.
- We are going to use peanut butter as a delicious filling, so add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter to each and cover with the remaining batter.
- Preheat oven at 180C (350F) and bake it for 30 minutes.
- It’s done! 🎉
Tip #1: for a lower carb version, replace honey with an artificial sweetener of your choice.
Tip #2: be aware that many supermarket brands of peanut butter usually include unwelcome ingredients in their composition such as salt, a sweetener such as sugar, and an emulsifier or vegetable oil. As usual the list of ingredients is your friend, make sure to read it carefully.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.