I must admit that at first glance these Cheese bread buns might not look thaaat enticing, but oh boy, they are extremely delicious! Don’t judge a book by its cover! 😜
Each bite comes with the saltiness and crunchiness of cheese, which makes the idea of eating only one pretty much impossible. 🙂
But on the flip side you don’t need to feel guilty as each bun has only 3 grams of net carbs! Yes, another winner in the low carb bread world!
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons of psyllium husk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and ½ teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 7/8 cup (a little less than a full cup) of boiling water
- 2 cups of mozzarella, shredded
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients making sure to mix them well.
- Then, add the eggs, vinegar and mix them until you have a thick dough.
- Now it’s time to add the boiling water, mixing everything until nicely combined and there is a dough consistency.
- Next, add the shredded mozzarella. Mix it until well combined.
- Split the dough into 8 equal balls and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Bake them in a preheated oven at 180C (360F) for 40 minutes.
- It’s done! 🎉 They are perfect warm, fresh from the oven.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.