These Cauliflower buns are super light and perfect for having on that occasional burger night!
Yes, once again cauliflowers proving how versatile they’re! I honestly believe cauliflowers are working their way to conquer the world and make us their slaves. They already got me!
Jokes apart, these lovely buns are also a great low carb bread alternative, with only 5 grams of net carbs in each bun! How about having a guilt-free burger tonight with these buns? I’m quite sure your family will love the idea.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of cauliflower rice (364 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium
- 4 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Split the dough into 4 equal pieces. Give each piece a gentle squeeze to extract any liquid excess.
- Then, shape each one of them in a ball, like a burger bun.
- Place buns in a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 1 hour or until they are set through and golden brown.
- It’s done! Time to assemble that monster burger everyone would die for. 😂
Did you know? According to the Better Health channel, from the Australian government, cauliflower is a great food to be consumed with relative frequency. Naturally fat-free and low in sugar, cauliflowers are an excellent source of vitamin C, also high in dietary fibre and folate.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.