This Sesame Seed Bread recipe is incredibly versatile and perfect for those looking for a nut free low carb bread. It has a neutral flavour so you can use my recipe as a base for your creativity! Just add cheese, nuts, seeds or even some garlic and onion powder. Yummy!
I’ve managed to cut my loaf into 15 slices, leaving each slice with 1.3 grams of net carbs. Super cool result for a low carb bread, right?
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a food processor add the sesame seeds and mix for 4 minutes.
- Then, add eggs and coconut oil and mix them for more 5 minutes.
- Next, let’s add the coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husks, and salt. Mix just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and cover it with a baking sheet. I used a 20cm one here. Then, add in the batter.
- Preheat oven at 180C (350F) and bake it for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- It’s done! 🎉
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.