I really like this Nordic Seed and Nut bread recipe as a low carb bread alternative (only 2.6 grams of net carbs per slice), although I admit this is more like a huge nut bar than a bread. 😛
It’s also usually called Nordic Stone Age bread, so how about this for a paleo recipe, eh? Anyways, I love its texture, nutty flavour, and super filling sensation; it’s so delicious with no need to add any extra spread, making it my favourite option for an on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 cup of raw mixed nuts of your choice (I’m using almonds, walnuts, and cashew nuts)
- ½ cup of flax seeds
- 1 and ½ cups of raw seeds of your choice (I’m using chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Grease a loaf pan (I’m using a 20cm one) with coconut oil and line a baking sheet on it. Pour the mixture in and using a spatula make the surface even.
- Bake it at 160C (325F) for 1 hour.
- It’s done! This bread has an incredible nut flavour, you can have it with butter or just plain.
Did you know? According to Nutrition Australia, recent studies have found that the consumption of about 30g of nuts a day has the potential to reduce the risk of developing heart diseases by at least 30%, which also obviously lowers the risk of death from a heart disease. Your heart deserves this extra protection, don’t you think? ❤️
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.