Since I started eating low carb until a few days ago, I didn’t know any recipe that could give me a real bun. Every time would result in a runny/creamy batter that requires a mould to bake and what I usually got in the end was a cake. Pretty much like many others low carb bread recipes I have here on my blog (which are awesome, btw :)).
However, this Mini Buns recipe I’m sharing with you today is totally different. The dough is firm enough and you can actually shape it into proper buns. The result is amazingly fluffy and bready like buns should be!
You can make them small or even burger-sized buns too. For this video, I’ve made 8 small buns with 2 grams of net carbs each (for more nutritional information watch the video above).
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons of psyllium husk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and ½ teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 7/8 cup (a little less than a full cup) of boiling water
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients making sure to mix them well.
- Then, add the eggs, vinegar and mix them until you have a thick dough.
- Now it’s time to add the boiling water, mixing everything until nicely combined and there is a dough consistency.
- Split the dough into 8 small buns (or 4 big ones for burgers) and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 180C (360F) for 40 minutes.
- It’s done! They are perfect when served warm and with butter or jam.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
1 reaction on “Mini buns | Low Carb Breads #4”