This Peanut Bread now definitely figures on my list of favourite low carb bread recipes in the world! I don’t know about you, but I’m crazy about peanuts, so just imagining a bread made of peanuts makes my stomach go nuts 😝.
In case peanuts are a no-no for you, they can easily be replaced by any other type of nuts. Also, this recipe can turn into a beautiful cake! Just add 1/4 cup of any sweetener of your choice.
Before we jump to the recipe some important information for those following a low carb diet: I managed to cut my loaf into 16 slices with 2.6 grams of net carbs in each (you can see the complete nutritional information on the video).
- 2 and ½ cups (375 grams) of roasted peanuts, peeled (or any nut you would like to use)
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup of water at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Add peanuts in a food processor and process them until you get something that resembles a flour texture.
- Next add eggs, salt, and water. Mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Then, add the baking powder and mix for a few seconds.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and cover it with a baking sheet. I used a 20cm one here. Then, add in the batter.
- Preheat oven at 180C (350F) and bake it for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- It’s done! 🎉
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.