I totally love ❤️ cauliflower, such a versatile veggie. I cook with it all the time, always making something different and delicious. That’s why I’ve decided to create 4 videos with yum recipes using cauliflower, and this is the first one: Stir-fried cauliflower rice with eggs.
Stir-fried rice with eggs is one of my favourite Asian dishes, and although I eat regular rice on a few occasions, having a replacement for it would be amazing. Having said that, I’ve created this version using cauliflower rice instead, and the result is spot on!
This recipe serves two people and you can change a bit adding other veggies, or maybe season it differently. I usually add carrots and capsicum. YUM!
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large frying pan. Then add the riced cauliflower and stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Next, add peas and spring onions. Stir everything constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and sesame oil.
- Back to the pan, push all ingredients to the side of the pan and on the other side, pour the beaten egg mixture leaving it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season everything with salt and black pepper to taste. Then, briskly swirl around the eggs to break them up and then toss with the rice. Stir-fry for another minute and it’s done!
- Serve right away.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.