Our Summer Salads series is going very well! Here we are with the fifth episode and I really hope this series is giving you guys many ideas on how to add more fresh food to your daily meals. 🙂
On today’s video, you’ll learn another incredible combination: pear, rocket and walnuts. Plus, a delicious salad dressing that you can easily add to any other salad you make. Great, isn’t it? Two recipes in the same video!
This recipe serves two people, and in case you want a low carb version, just replace the pears with fresh strawberries. They work amazingly with this dressing. You can also use apples or figs, not as low carb as the strawberries, though.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 60 grams of walnuts, halved
- 1 just-ripe pear, sliced
- 30 grams of parmesan, shaved
- 60 grams of rocket leaves, washed
- In a small bowl add: olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir everything until well combined and reserve.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat, add walnuts and cook for a few minutes until they start to turn golden brown. Transfer to a plate and give it some time until it cools down.
- In a large bowl, add the pears slices, parmesan cheese, rocket leaves, and the cooled walnuts.
- Pour in the dressing and toss everything enough to coat.
- It’s done! Serve immediately.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.