For more salad recipes check our Summer Salads series page! It’s full of delicious recipes to enjoy this summer.
Today, I brought you another very easy salad option: Guacamole. Ok, I’m not sure if we can say guacamole is a type of salad, but it is fresh and has veggies, so it’s something there in the middle for me. 😛
This is extremely simple to make. Just a matter of chopping all ingredients and mixing everything up. It also works great in salads or as a side for any spicy dish, like a beef chilli or spicy chicken with a dollop of sour cream. YUM!
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced
- 3 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Make sure to leave some avocado pieces, as we don’t want them totally mashed.
- It’s done! Serve immediately.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.