This is part four of our Low Carb Breakfast series! Have you seen the other videos already?
The main idea on today’s video is to use a nori sheet as a wrap. So I’ll give you a suggestion for the filling but feel free to add anything you like! It is very simple to put things together. You don’t need to be an authentic sushi master to pull this one off, trust me. 🙂
Sometimes I make it for lunch as well, especially when I’m going out for a hike, long walk or even to the beach!
- 2 nori sheets (also known as seaweed sheets)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices of cucumber, lengthwise sliced
- 200 grams of chicken breast, shredded
- Place 1 nori sheet on a sushi mat (or non-stick baking paper) and layer half of the avocado slices on it. Make sure lo leave a small space close to the edges.
- Then, add two strips of cucumber, followed by half of the chicken breasts (100g).
- Now it’s time to roll it up! Gently lift the end of the mat closest to you and roll it over the ingredients to start the process. Continue rolling the mat forward to make a complete roll. With one hand on top, gently roll the mat back and forth a few times to get a nice and firm rounded shape.
- This recipe gives you two rolls, so follow the same steps to make the second one.
- It’s done! You can slice it in half before serving. 🙂
This recipe is very versatile and you can use many other things as the filling, use your creativity! Sometimes I make it for lunch and add some salad, cheese, tuna, and even ham! Go according to your taste. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.