This is the third episode of our Summer Salads series! Stay tuned here so you don’t miss anything.
Today you will learn an Italian 🇮🇹 classic: Caprese Salad. Boy, I think this is the easiest salad on Earth! You only need 3 ingredients and, BOOM, a delicious salad in less than 10 minutes.
I love to have this salad as a meal replacement, especially those heavy ones, you know. It’s very fresh and perfect for a hot summer day.
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 150g of fresh buffalo mozzarella (I’m using Burrata style in the shape of a ball)
- ¼ of a cup of fresh basil leaves
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Get the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and make thick slices out of them.
- Overlap all ingredients on a plate. For example, a slice of tomato, mozzarella, and finally basil. Do it until you use all the ingredients.
- Immediately before serving, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s done!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
1 reaction on “Caprese salad | Summer salads #3”