Ready for our second episode from our Low Carb Breakfast series?
These Breakfast Egg Muffins are a life safer! They are ridiculously easy to make, you can add anything as a filling, make a bunch and freeze them to have when you need. I like to have them for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon.
In case you liked the freezing idea, just pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes and they will be good as fresh.
- 6 eggs
- 50g of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (you can use any type of fat here)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Filling (suggestion)
- 250 grams of spinach, chopped
- 50 grams of onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 50 grams of feta cheese, diced
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until well combined. You can mix by hand as well, no worries.
- Spinach filling
- In a pot, cook onion with coconut oil until tender.
- Add garlic and spinach. Let it cook until the spinach releases its water. It will take around 3 minutes. Reserve
- Get your favourite muffin tins and grease them with coconut oil.
- Pour the liquid just enough to fill half of the tin.
- Add to each of them a little bit of that spinach we just cooked and feta cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven to 180C.
- It’s done! Control yourself to not have them all at one. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.