Need to add some crunch to your life? This Crispy Pork Crackling recipe is a crackle. 😛
It’s easier than you imagine, you only need a good oven and some time. Just remember that despite beeing a natural source of fat, it’s still very fatty and should be eaten in moderation.
I like to use a few grams to garnish soup or tacos. Just enough to give me that good crunchy feeling. 🙂
- 400g of pork rind (you can use a pork belly taking off the meat part)
- Olive oil enough to brush
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A fan-forced oven
- First pat dry the entire piece of pork using paper towels, then store it uncovered in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Now, preheat oven to 200C (392F).
- Place your dry and refrigerated pork rind in a baking sheet (you can also use a wire rack, in case you have one), and brush olive oil over it, just enough to cover the whole piece.
- Season it with salt and pepper. You can be generous here. 🙂
- Pop it in the oven (it MUST be very hot) and roast it for 15 min.
- After that, adjust the oven temperature down to 160C (320F) and roast for more 45 minutes or until small blisters form on the surface and the rind is golden and crispy.
- It’s done! Take it out of the oven and let it cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy that feeling only a good crackle can give to you. Ah! Drain the rendered fat, pour in a sealed jar and store in the fridge to use as cooking lard. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.