Today, Handy will show you how to make a delicious and creamy Homemade Yogurt. This is easier than you might think, I promise. 🙂
You only need about 20 minutes to prepare everything and wait until the next day to have this goodness for your breakfast, or maybe as a dessert, or even as a refreshing and healthy snack.
- 1 litre of full fat milk
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of pure cream
- In a pot, bring the milk to boil.
- As soon as the milk starts to come up, turn off the heat and let it cool down a little bit.
- We need this milk lukewarm. The right temperature is when you can dip your finger into the milk and keep it there without burning. If you can use a food thermometer, the right temperature is 40C.
- Add the yogurt and the pure cream and whisk them very well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a container and cover with a lid. You can use a plastic container or a sealed jar.
- Wrap a tea cloth around it and keep the container in a warm place overnight (8 hours approximately). We left ours inside the oven (turned off!).
- The next day you will have a creamy and delicious homemade fresh yogurt. And more: you can use a cup from this yogurt to make the next batch! 😀
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.