Making Homemade Tomato Sauce is a very simple task and the flavour… dear, it’s absolutely delicious!
After today’s video you will think twice before buying a canned tomato sauce at the supermarket. This recipe is super easy and packed with natural real food flavours. So, no excuse to not make it for your next meal. 🙂
- 1 kg of fresh tomatoes (any kind, I’m using here the Roma variety)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Get your tomatoes already washed and start chopping them in irregular sizes. In case you don’t like to find tomatoes pieces in your sauce, just chop them in very small pieces.
- In a warm pan, add olive oil then toss the onion and garlic until they get soft.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook in low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Cover again with the lid and let it cook for more 5 minutes or until the sauce gets the right consistence. If you want it a little bit more runny, add some water, little by little until you find it suits your taste.
- It’s done! This is delicious with a tender and yummy zucchini noodle. 😀
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.