Starting our new season with a delicious and easy to make: Berries Jam. Seriously, this is so easy that I bet you can make it with your eyes closed. Now, there is no excuse to buy an industrialised one at the supermarket. Make your own! All full of good stuff and zero added sugar. 😀
Ingredients for homemade Berries Jam
- 500 grams of berries, frozen or fresh (I’m using a mix of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries).
- Juice of 1 fresh medium lime.
- Add all ingredients in a pot and cook in low heat.
- Stir the mixture and let it simmer for a while. Mix it every now and then until it gets creamier, thicker, but still with some fruit chunks. It will take 15 minutes approximately.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the jam in a sealed jar and keep it always in the fridge for a maximum of one week.
- Serve it as a topping on yogurts, cakes, or anything you prefer. 🙂
The best part about jams is that you can have them for breakfast or as a simple dessert, they will always taste amazing and make you feel great knowing that it’s all natural and homemade.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.