Pumpkin spice cake is all about its wonderful smell. Who can resist the magic perfume of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in the house?
Well, I can’t. That’s why every now and then I make this cake at home and to make it even more special, I add a delicious greek yogurt frosting. God, this is to die for!
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup of unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of coconut flour (92 grams)
- 4 tablespoons of psyllium
- a pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted (120ml)
- 400g of baked and cool pumpkin, mashed
- 1/2 cup of raw honey (or any sweetener you like)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- Mix all together and keep in the fridge until it’s time to frost the cake.
- Preheat oven to 150C (300F)
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. Reserve.
- Using another bowl, beat the eggs then add coconut oil, vinegar, and honey. Mix all together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Now add the mashed pumpkin and mix things well.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil (or use a silicon one) and pour your batter into it.
- Bake it for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- It’s done! Wait until the cake is completely cool before frosting.
- Enjoy. 🙂
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.