This chicken pie is super popular in Brazil, we call it “blender pie”, as the idea is simply stuff all the batter ingredients into a blender jar and it’s done. Like magic! 😀
The filling might vary, sausage (hotdog) with tomato sauce, minced beef, or even vegetarian, but chicken is the star! Give it a try, it’s very easy to make and you don’t need to stick with my filling suggestion, try to create your favourite version!
- Pie Batter
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 20ml of olive oil
- Chicken filling
- 100g of cream cheese (optional)
- 300g of shredded chicken, sautéed with chopped onion and already seasoned.
- Pie batter
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Shredded chicken
- Prepare your chicken the way you like the most. Here at home we usually boil it.
- After that, shred the chicken and then, in a fry pan, sauté it with olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Assembling the pie
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil (or butter) and pour some coconut flour on it. Here we are going to use a silicon one.
- Place half of your batter into it.
- Add the shredded chicken and put some spoons of cream cheese over it.
- Place the remaining batter. You’ll end up having 3 layers: batter, filling and batter.
- Bake it for 40 min or until it gets golden brown.
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.