It’s Mel here once again bringing you a fantastic recipe.
This time, Handy will prepare one of my favourites: Blueberry Muffins!
And these are not regular muffins! They are low carb, as well gluten and dairy free.
The real challenge is to eat only one after you make an entire recipe. 🙂
- 3 medium eggs
- 75g of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 120g of almond meal
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 35g of coconut flour
- 1 cup of (fresh) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F)
- Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs until pale yellow.
- Still using the stand mixer, add the following ingredients – in order: coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond meal, salt, psyllium, baking powder, and coconut flour.
- Use the mixer until all the ingredients are perfectly combined.
- Next, add the blueberries to the dough. (use fresh blueberries for best results)
- With appropriate muffing pans, fill them with the mixture you got so far.
- Bake them for 30 minutes.
- Wait until they cool down before serving.
- Enjoy with coffee or tea!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.