Hello! I’m Mel and I have an important question for you: “Who wants to eat some cake?“. 🙂
I think I’ve been watching Cake Boss too much lately.
You know, it would be awesome if he could use less sugar on his recipes.
C’mon, Handy! Let’s make a gorgeous and moist Zucchini cake.
PS: Don’t get intimidated by the long list of ingredients, it is an easy recipe.
- 300g of raw shredded zucchini
- 200g of almond meal
- 100g of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F)
- Mix all the wet ingredients using a stand mixer until pale yellow.
- Slow down your mixer and start adding the dry ingredients (except the zucchini), one by one, until everything is completely mixed.
- Now you can add the zucchini to the batter and mix things using a spoon or a spatula.
- Place the batter on a greased pan.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 40 minutes (this may vary according to your oven)
- That’s all. Enjoy it!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.