My name is Lu and I’m always starving. You know, I need something to keep me full.
And I have an idea today. How about making a delicious (and easy) Low Carb Nut Bar?
It is also low carb, paleo, and gluten free. Perfect!
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of Brazil nuts (or any other nuts you prefer)
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Firstly, let’s prepare the nuts: using a roast pan, place all the nuts and the coconut.
- Toast them in the oven for a couple of minutes – just to give them an extra flavour.
- Chop everything using a food processor (or a knife, you are brave enough).
- Now, in a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the nuts and the almond meal to the bowl where you just mixed the wet ingredients. Mix well!
- Wrap a container with plastic wrap and place your batter there. Put it in the fridge for one hour.
- After removing from the fridge, use a good knife and chop the bars out.
- Enjoy it!
* Note: net carb count = total carbs - fiber. Carb count is estimated based on the products I used.
Always check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.